In the past weeks, we have all been searching and sharing information on support available during the pandemic. From emergency funds and resources on working remotely, to ideas how to create and present work online. We have collated a list of links that you may find useful. The list below is not exhaustive, we will endeavour to update it regularly and share further news via our social media.
General Guidance by Arts Council England
- A full list of emergency funds and resources for the arts sector. Read more.
- Government advice for organisations. Read more.
- Government advice for individuals: Read more.
- Grants Online have publicised a list of new funding programmes in response to COVID-19 which are available across the UK. Read more.
- Arts Fundraising have collated information on how major funders are adapting to support the charity sector through the pandemic. Read more.
- The London Funders network have launched the London Community Response scheme to support civil society groups. Read more.
Further support and resources
- A comprehensive list of links, resources and funding support available for disabled artists by Unlimited. Read more.
- A list of Deaf charities supporting Deaf groups and professionals during the pandemic, compiled by Limping Chicken. Read more.
- ITC has created the CoVid-19 Alphabet with useful information for organisations and freelancers. Read more.
- Equity’s briefing provides guidance to its member on financial support available and how to claim it. Read more.
- UK Theatres and the Society for London Theatres (SOLT) have created a dedicated website with details of different types of support for theatre professionals. Read more.
- The Arts Marketing Association has put together a list of additional support available here.
- Useful resources for freelance creatives and artists, compiled by fellow arts professionals. Read more.
- An open source spreadsheet with information on upcoming free and paid opportunities for theatre professionals, collated by Part of the Main Theatre. View the list here.
- BSL Zone provide regular updates on COVID-19 in British Sign Language via their website. Read more and view videos.
- The weekly E-Digest by Artsadmin contains information on opportunities, artists’ commissions and further resources. Read more.
- The resources available by the Production Services Association (PSA) may be of interest to anyone working in the live event production industry. Read more.
- Drake Music has published a user-friendly guide on accessibility for video conferencing and remote meetings. Read more.
- An interesting and informative article on captioning for remote meetings, published by The Limping Chicken. Read more.
Training and information
- The Space are supporting artists and arts organisations to develop their online and digital practices. Read more.
- They Space also launched a ‘Low cost R&D Commissioning Round’ for arts and cultural organisations interested to extend their work digitally and test approaches (deadline 7 May 2020). Read more.
- Charity Digital offer a range of webinars and resources to support registered charities and their staff during the pandemic. Read more.
Community and solidarity
- Disability Arts Online are hosting online social gatherings every Friday at 4.30pm, a chance to meet and feel connected. Click here to find out more.
- UK Theatre Industry – Coronavirus Support, a public Facebook group dedicated to the performing arts sector, sharing advice and tips. Click here to find out more.
The Vital Xposure team is also here for a chat, keep in touch with us and stay safe.
Note: the group photo at the top of this article is from Pullen’s Party Creative Lab in June 2018, which was supported by 101 – Outdoor Arts Creation Space. The photo features (from left to right): Emma Selwyn, Tricia Hitchcok, Eden West, Angela de Castro, Adam Smith